Residents of “Kwa Amos” raise concerns over grabbed land

amos Residents in Kabatini Ward, Bahati Sub-county are raising concerns over public land that has allegedly been grabbed.

According to Mr. Bernard Macharia who is a Human Rights Defender, the land (Block 1/3686) had been set aside for a borehole project but had now been taken over by a private developer who had even put up some houses on the disputed land.

This Monday, 5th September 2016, Macharia together with James Ndura the project chairperson and Francis Maina who is a member visited the Lands Office in Nakuru over the issue where they met the director of lands and the physical planning officer.

“We were advised to seek redress with the National Land Commission in Nairobi and we also learnt that there are a lot of irregularities surrounding that piece of land.

According to a notice put at the land by the developer, “Bahati Kabatini Block 1/4207 is strictly a private property fully registered with NLC.” It further says that the land has no connection whatsoever with the Amos Borehole water project land which is registered as block 1/4208.

However, Macharia says that it is not the jurisdiction of NLC to register land as the claimant of the piece of land alleges.

Martin Gicinga

Web Designer at Topnaks Media
Creating platforms and content that promotes Nakuru. Online journalist and seasonal trainer.
Rate this post
[Total: 0 Average: 0]

Martin Gicinga

Creating platforms and content that promotes Nakuru. Online journalist and seasonal trainer.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: