Have you registered for the Huduma Number (Namba)? The National Integrated Identity Management System (NIIMS) is popularly known as Huduma Number (service number).
It will be used to come up with a Kenyan population register that will be the single source of identity about ant person residing in the country.
To be registered in the NIIMS register, here are some of the details you’re required to submit.
Huduma Number Registration requirements
- Personal Information – Name, gender and Date of Birth. You also need to fill in your place of birth and whether you suffer from any disability. If yes, your Disability Registration Number will be required. For your place of birth, make sure you know the County, Sub-County, Division, Location and the Sub-Location.
- Nationality (Citizenship) – You will be required to provide your ID number, NHIF, NSSF, Driver’s Licence number and your KRA PIN. If not a Kenyan by birth, you will be required to provide details like Country of Origin, Alien ID or Refugee number and your Passport number.
- Marital Status – The government also wants to know your marital status. Single, Married, Separated, Divorced or Widowed. If married, details like your spouse’s name and ID number will be needed.
- Parent/ guardian details – Whether living or dead, you will be required to provide details of your parents’ names and ID numbers. If a guardian takes care of you, the same details will be required.
- Physical Address – Your permanent physical address and current location are needed. In each case, one is required to input the County, Sub-county, Division, Location and Sub-location. Also needed is the name of your village or estate and even the house number. In addition, your primary phone number and e-mail are required.
- Education details – The fourth section of the NIIMS registration form wants to know your highest education level. You can also indicate if you’re still a student. If you are a student, your NEMIS number is a requirement.
- Employment status – Further you need to indicate whether you are in employment. The type of industry you’re working in and how big the organization is.
- Agricultural activities – If the respondent is engaged in any agricultural activity, they should indicate.
- Biometric details – All fingerprints are taken at the registration centre.
- Your photo – This will also be taken at the registration centre.
You can download the Huduma Number Registration Form here
Although the NIIMS registration process is done offline, the data is stored online. It will be shared among different government agencies.